Existing Members FAQ

What is my OES membership number?

Your OES membership is administrated by the ICE. When you became a member of the OES, you should have received an eight-digit membership number. If you were an existing member of the ICE at the time of joining OES, this number would have been the same as your ICE membership number. If you do not know your membership number, please contact the OES Secretary (oes@ice.org.uk). 

Do I need to log in to the OES website?

In general, the answer to this question is “no”. At present the only part of the website that requires a log-in is the section to view the presentations and videos of past events. All other resources and webpages are freely available to the public. If you wish to have access to presentations and videos of recent OES meetings, please ensure that you are an individual/corporate member of the OES. Upon joining you should have been provided with log-in details by the OES Honorary Secretary. Named representatives of corporate members will also have been provided with log-in details. If you do not have these please contact the OES Honorary Secretary at honsec@oes.org.uk and ask for log-in details.

How do I change my contact details?

If you wish to change your contact details (or any other details associated with your OES membership), you have two options: (1) log-in in to MyICE with your email address and password and go to My Profile; (2) contact the OES Secretary (oes@ice.org.uk) quoting your surname and membership number. The first option is preferred. You should only use the second option if for some reason you are unable to use the first. If you wish to change your log-in details, you should contact the OES Honorary Secretary at honsec@oes.org.uk

I am not receiving any email notifications from OES - What should I do?

Your OES membership is administrated by the ICE, and all email notifications are handled by the ICE. You may have opted out of emails from the ICE, in which case the notification system will respect your preferences and not send any emails to your email address. If you wish to receive email notifications from the OES, you have to opt in to emails via MyICE (go to My Profile and then Email and communication preferences). Event flyers are all sent via the ICE’s Communicator system and will comefrom the address email@comms.ice.org.uk

Lapsed individual members can renew via MYICE until the end of September. ice.org.uk/MyICE.

Please note if you are also a lapsed or resigned ICE member you will not be able to do so and will need to contact the subs team on 020 7665 2227/subs@ice.org.uk

For those societies that have corporate members or where ICE administers them you can also add If you are a lapsed corporate member please contact the subs team on 020 7665 2227/subs@ice.org.uk.

I do not have a MyICE account - What should I do?

In the first instance, if you know your OESmembership number, try to register for a MyICE account. The form will ask for your ICE membership number, which is the same as your OES membership number. If you do not know your membership number, please contact the OES Secretary (oes@ice.org.uk) with your surname and date of birth. A reply will be sent as soon as possible with your membership number.

Are evening meetings broadcast online and, if they are, what should I do to join the broadcast?

Most of our evening meetings are broadcast online. Usually the ICE sends a link via email a few days before the evening meeting to all OES individual members and to the main corporate contact for Corporate Members to cascade to employees. This is an OES membership benefit and the link to the live broadcast is not provided to non-members. Some of our evening meetings are not broadcasted if, for example, the host venue does not have the required facilities for broadcasting or if the speaker has requested that they do not wish it to be broadcast or recorded.

Can I watch the recordings of evening meetings after the event?

All events that are live streamed are also recorded. Recordings are placed on the OES website (in the members’ only section – requiring log-in) and they are not longer putting on the ICE website. OES members have exclusive access to the recordings.

What do I need to do if I wish to attend an event in person?

You need to book onto an event on receiving the event flyer. There may still be places available on the day but it is always best to book on to guarantee your place. If you wish to book on a guest please do this at the time of booking as it is not possible to add a guest to your booking later on.

If you find that you can no longer attend an event please email societyevents@ice.org.uk to enable the booking to be cancelled and the place released.

How do I update my CPD record?

The OES does not longer issue a printed certificate but an electronic one to the members only. 

It is a record of attendance certificate that may be used with CPD logs of the professional institutions not a CPD certificate in its own right. Paper certificates may be reverted post CV-19 for live events. 

If you require this please contact honsec@oes.org.uk